Friday, October 28, 2011

ISSUES & TRENDS: CHANGE, CONTEXTS, CONSEQUENCES, AND CONSTRAINTS REVISITED

During the past eight weeks, I have researched various early childhood professionals and organizations.  These resources have supported my professional growth in many ways.  I have refined my perspective about the early childhood professional journey on which I embark.  I have learned that having a desire to educate, aid, or service young children is one thing, and knowing HOW to accomplish these feats is another.   

The consequences of my learning expedition have been resultant in (1) a keener vision towards the specifics of my professional development, such as learning how to use particular elements of research to gain deeper knowledge of contexts, trends, and issues relating to early childhood care and education; (2) an acute ear to listen to the views and experiences of my colleagues, as this supports me through influences that stretch my thinking to a broader awareness of the  early childhood issues and trends that affect early care and education; and (3) a deeper level of compassion that causes me to look within myself for the clearest path toward my goal—my perspectives on life, education, children, families and communities have all dramatically changed through much reflection. 

The one goal that I endeavor to accomplish related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations is to someday make a substantially positive impact on bringing forth equity to care and the education of early childhood students—those with Sensory Processing Disorder as well as other physical, emotional, or otherwise challenges.  Also, it is my prayer that my colleagues will find deeper, broader, and more substantial platforms that will lift their vision to another dimension for greater change in the early childhood field as well.  Well wishes to all!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know someone with Sensory Processing Disorder? My friend's teenaged daughter was recently diagnosed with this. She knows little about this disorder and would like to better understand it. Children with learning challenges do need advocacy in order to receive the correct assistance so that they may achieve to the best of their abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cymantha,

    Thank you for your prayer that our combined work will make for a greater change in the field of early childhood. I truly believe that our passion for supporting children and families will make for a bright future.

    I have enjoyed learning with you and from you in the past eight weeks. Blessings to you and your family. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Teachers Are Like ...

  • Light Bulbs--bringing good things to light.
  • Locksmiths--unlocking our future with keys of knowledge.
  • Farmers--sowing seeds of knowledge into fertile minds.

EDUCATION COMES IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS

Depending on your topic and regardless of your credentials, you can teach someone about something. Discover what you do best, nurture it, and pass it on!