Saturday, March 3, 2012

COMMUNICATING & COLLABORATING IN THE EARLY CHILDHOOD FIELD

The next eight weeks of study for me will be in the area of communication.  I am excited about this journey as communication is the life-blood of every lifestyle regardless of culture, ethnicity, nationality, or any other distinguishing differences within humanity.  As I prepare for this journey I am reminded of my greatest childhood mentor of communication—my father.  He was a Pentecostal preacher who believed in living according to the Word of God.  He patterned his life after the life of Jesus Christ, particularly the part where Christ listened to people and understood their needs.  My father was a very competent communicator whether he was dealing with parishioners, family members, or total strangers.  He was great at exhibiting effective communication that was appropriate for any given situation (O’Hair & Wiemann, 2009).  It is my hope and desire to model many of my own communication behaviors after this great measure of a man (Channey-White, 2011).



References

Channey-White, C. J. (2011, January 22). Personal Childhood Web. [Blog message]. Retrieved from http://judah1st.blogspot.com/

O’Hair, D., & Wiemann, M. (2009). Real communication. New York: Bedford/St. Martin’s.

1 comment:

  1. That is great another person who would model their Dad in Communication styes. I have an uncle who is a minister and he too was a great communicator. I guess ministers need to have effective communication in order to move their flock.

    ReplyDelete

Teachers Are Like ...

  • Light Bulbs--bringing good things to light.
  • Locksmiths--unlocking our future with keys of knowledge.
  • Farmers--sowing seeds of knowledge into fertile minds.

EDUCATION COMES IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS

Depending on your topic and regardless of your credentials, you can teach someone about something. Discover what you do best, nurture it, and pass it on!